Sunday, June 14, 2009

Beautiful Day in Monterey

A perfect day in Monterey.  For the first time in two weeks there was a blue sky and the sun!  I even put on a pair of shorts.  The day was spent doing laundry at the marina office, more cleaning and inventorying and stowing things aboard the boat, and making preparations for the 130 mile trip to Morrow Bay. 


I took a long walk through the town, walked along Cannery Row, and just enjoyed the day.  It brought back fond memories of last October when I was here on Astraea with Bob and my fiends Julie and Scott.  I wish they were here now!
 

In the first two legs from San Francisco to Half Moon Bay, and then to Monterey, we had covered barely 90 miles.  This next leg is 130.  This time the planning is a bit more careful.  I will sleep in a bit, get underway about 10am on Monday, and hopefully be in Morrow Bay early morning on Tuesday.  Morrow Bay gets a lot of fog, so here’s hoping that Monday is an exception.  I really don’t want to make another landing into another strange port in the fog! 


So here it is Sunday night.  Astraea is fueled, the water tanks full, the boat stowed, provisioned, the charts studied, and we are ready for leg three!  

No comments:

Post a Comment